A road trip of New Zealand’s North Island proves it’s always worth taking the scenic route — especially on a seven-day self-drive journey from Wellington to Auckland. Take your time discovering the North Island’s wonders at your own pace, interspersed with a Napier winery-hopping tour with tastings, a scenic cruise and flight over Lake Taupo, a jet boat experience at Huka Falls and a guided tour of the luminous Footwhistle Glowworm Caves, Waitomo.
Includes six nights of accommodation and five days of all-inclusive car rental. Plus, enjoy daily breakfast and select touring experiences per the itinerary.
Your Package Includes:
- Six nights of three and four-star accommodation, including two nights at Lakefront Lodge in Taupo
- Daily breakfast
- Five days of all-inclusive Thrifty Group CCAR (Toyota Corolla or similar) car rental
- Half-day wine-tasting tour in Napier/Hawke’s Bay
- Footwhistle Glowworm Caves tour in Waitomo
- 90-minute Lake Taupo cruise
- Helicopter flight over Lake Taupo, Wairakei geothermal valley and Craters of The Moon
- 30-minute Huka Falls jet boat experience
- Guided tour of the Te Papa Museum of New Zealand OR the Weta Cave Workshop
- Sightseeing with expert local guides per itinerary
Your journey takes you to: Wellington — Napier — Taupo — Auckland.
Keen to see the South Island? Kick off your tour with a pre-tour 7-day South Island self-drive tour.
Book with 100% Confidence: Right up until 60 days before departure you can enjoy unlimited, free date changes, or cancel and get a 100% credit to use at Luxury Escapes for any other Limited Time Lux Exclusive accommodation, tour or cruise offer. Excludes flights, see the Fine Print for details.
Furthermore, if you are unable to travel on your tour as a result of Government travel restrictions, even right up to the day of departure, Luxury Escapes will assist you with a date change. We can also provide you with a credit or refund for your booking (less any non-recoverable costs). See below for full terms and conditions.Click here to Get this Deal