Set off on a spectacular six-day small-group tour (max. 16 travellers) from South Island to North Island, taking in New Zealand’s incredible scenery and abundant wildlife with an iconic train journey, scenic ferry through Marlborough Sounds, wildlife cruises and more, finishing with a thrilling helicopter flight over Wellington.
Absorb breathtaking coastline aboard the Coastal Pacific train that travels from Christchurch to Picton (via Kaikoura) on one of the most picturesque journeys on New Zealand railways. On either side of this incredible train journey are unforgettable experiences: the chance to spot rare Hector’s dolphins in Akaroa, head out to sea on a whale-watching expedition in Kaikoura, and glide over Aotearoa’s capital, Wellington, on a scenic helicopter flight.
Travel in absolute comfort, staying in handpicked accommodation throughout. And of course, your tastebuds will enjoy the journey too as you indulge in the country’s renowned gastronomic scene with three-course welcome and departure dinners and a fresh crayfish feast in Kaikoura. Cruise across Marlborough Sounds aboard the Interislander Ferry, where you’ll be treated to VIP lounge access including a hot buffet lunch and complimentary alcoholic drinks with an incredible backdrop of intricate inlets and verdant hills.
- Five nights of accommodation, including two nights at the luxurious Hotel Montreal in Christchurch
- Meals as specified in the itinerary, including a three-course welcome dinner at Curators House and a three-course farewell dinner at Hot Sauce in QT Wellington
- Join a fun-filled full-day guided tour of Akaroa with exciting dolphin-watching cruise
- Be enthralled by the marine life and sea birds of Kaikoura on an incredible whale-watching cruise
- Soak in spectacular seaside views as you ride the spectacular Coastal Pacific train from Kaikoura to Picton
- Enjoy VIP lounge access on the Interislander Ferry when making the journey from the South to the North Island
- Gain insight into the fascinating history of Te Papa on a private, Māori-guided tour
- Explore the famous film props and creatures at WETA Workshop on a studio tour
- Fly over Wellington on an exhilarating scenic helicopter flight
- Enjoy the ease of return airport transfers on the first and last day of your tour
Your journey takes you to: Christchurch – Akaroa – Kaikoura – Picton – Wellington.
Book with Confidence: We work directly with our trusted partners and provide 24/7 customer service to ensure that no matter what happens, we’re here to help. If your escape is affected by Covid-19 restrictions, we will do our best to assist you with a date change or provide you with a Luxury Escapes credit for another Limited Time Lux Exclusive accommodation, tour or cruise offer, less any unrecoverable costs; excludes flights. Find out more