Delve deep into the raw beauty of Australia’s striking landscapes and spellbinding history on the ultimate six-day small-group tour (max. eight travellers) through Outback New South Wales, departing Sydney. Staying in premium outback accommodation throughout, take an epic journey in comfort as you discover the barren earth surrounding the Menindee township and the welcoming oasis of the Darling River, and enjoy a spectacular, once-in-a-lifetime scenic flight over the Walls of China in the world-renowned Mungo National Park.
Embrace outback hospitality in the tiny village of Pooncarie and mingle with locals in the historic Maidens Hotel. Take a Darling River cruise through meandering waterways teeming with birdlife and visit the outback’s incredible Royal Flying Doctor Service. Throughout the tour, you’ll gain an insight into the nation’s fascinating history, with visits to Hay Gaol and Shear Outback, home to the Australian Shearers’ Hall of Fame, iconic towns including Bathurst – Australia’s oldest inland town – and the chance to immerse yourself in history dating back 45,000 years at the legendary Mungo National Park. Plus, experience unforgettable luxury in the outback with a one-night stay at Callubri Station. Converted from sea containers and set in rustic surrounds, this is a unique five-star experience unlike any other.
Your tour includes:
- Five nights of premium accommodation, including two nights at Mungo Lodge in the heart of Mungo National Park and a unique five-star stay at Callubri Station
- Savour delicious daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Thrill with a spectacular 30-minute scenic flight over the impressive Mungo National Park
- Explore the striking landscape of Mungo National Park on a guided tour, including exclusive access to the restricted areas of the Walls of China
- Visit Bathurst, Australia’s oldest inland town and the spiritual home of motorsports
- Take a guided tour of Hay including a visit to historic Hay Gaol
- Learn about the history of Australia’s incredible wool history on a visit to Shear Outback, home to the Australian Shearers’ Hall of Fame
- Stop by the tiny village of Pooncarie
- Take in the natural beauty of the Australian bush on a cruise along the Darling River
- Learn the fascinating history of Menindee and uncover the story behind the ill-fated Burke and Wills expedition
- The services of an expert guide throughout your journey
- All sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Dedicated air-conditioned, mini-coach transportation and transfers as per the itinerary
Your journey takes you to: Sydney – Cowra – Hay – Mungo National Park – Menindee – Callubri Station – Sydney.
Book with confidence: If you are unable to travel as a result of Government travel restrictions, Luxury Escapes will assist you with a date change, provide you with a credit or process a refund for your booking less any non-recoverable costs. See Fine Print for details.Click here to Get this Deal