A renowned supermodel’s world is torn apart in an instant, sending her on an unexpected journey of discovery in Beautiful, a masterful novel from the international number one bestselling author Danielle Steel.
Veronique Vincent is a star. At age twenty-two, she is one of the most sought-after models in fashion, gracing the covers of magazines and walking the runways of haute couture shows across the globe. Yet, despite being the consummate professional, Veronique wants little of the glamorous life that modeling affords her. The beloved daughter of a hardworking single mother, she has always preferred spending time at home or with her kindhearted boyfriend to attending lavish parties. When a quick getaway presents a welcome break on the heels of Paris Fashion Week, and before a Vogue cover shoot in Tokyo, Veronique is thrilled, eager to escape the mayhem of her busy schedule. Then, out of nowhere, a tragic explosion at Zaventem Airport in Brussels changes her life forever.
The ruthless terrorist attack has the entire world on edge. Veronique finds herself hospitalized and alone, devastated to learn that the blast has killed both of the people she loved most. She is also forced to confront the harsh reality that she has been severely injured, her famous appearance forever altered. As she plunges into seclusion, the industry that once adored her believes her to have fallen off the map. In truth, she is struggling to find herself again after losing everything, and to discover what truly matters in life. But her mother’s will, accompanied by a letter Veronique never knew existed, reveals long-held secrets, introducing her to a world she hadn’t even known was possible.
As Veronique forges bonds old and new, she begins to see a light beyond the darkness she has come to inhabit, finding peace in opportunities to help others, and redefining for herself what beauty is, and what it truly means to be beautiful. Danielle Steel presents a story of one woman’s breathtaking perseverance in moving beyond tragedy to a life more meaningful than she could ever have imagined.
About the Author
Danielle Steel has been hailed as one of the world’s most popular authors, with nearly a billion copies of her novels sold. Her recent international bestsellers include Flying Angels, Invisible and High Stakes. She is also the author of His Bright Light, the story of her son Nick Traina’s life and death; A Gift of Hope, a memoir of her work with the homeless; and the children’s books Pretty Minnie in Paris and Pretty Minnie in Hollywood. Danielle divides her time between Paris and her home in northern California.
Our Deals of the Day for other categories are also available:
Beauty deal of the day: Non-Surgical HIFU Skin Tightening Sessions in East Perth $99
Fashion deal of the day: Ribbed Halter Knit Top $12.99
Furniture deal of the day: Artiss Rattan Console Table Drawer Storage Hallway Tables Drawers $64
Electronics deal of the day: Hyper Impact Percussion Massage Gun Massager $59.95
Gaming deal of the day: Just Die Already (Free game!)
Travel deal of the day: Five-Star Pattaya Beachfront Retreat with Daily Breakfast & Daily Lunch or Dinner $899
Wine deal of the day: Super Premium Mixed Aussie Red Wine Dozen (12 Bottles) $199
Click here to Get this Deal
Booktopia is fast becoming the local bookstore for all Australians. Booktopia ships over 2,000,000 parcels a year to Australian addresses. Over 3,600,000 Australian people, businesses, schools, libraries, universities and government departments have placed an order for books, DVDs, CDs, maps, eBooks, calendars and many other products, with Booktopia since their inception in 2004. Booktopia is an Australian owned and operated business. They have a 13,000 square metre Headquarters and Distribution Centre in Sydney where they normally stock around 650,000 books ready to ship.
Over 85% of all books ordered on Booktopia.com.au site are stocked in our Sydney warehouse. The other 15% are titles they have to order in and they source these items from publishers and suppliers across Australia as well as flying them in from the UK and USA.